Friday, January 23, 2009

Alyssa did great

Just thought I'd let you know that Alyssa did fantastic today with her surgery. She did great while we were getting set up and she also was a trooper when they had to take her back. She had no problems coming out of the anesthesia and she has been able to get back to eating again with no nausea. All of the staff were so impressed with how great she was doing and that she let them do all of the stuff they needed to do on her, like put her bracelet on, check her heart/lungs, and put on her ever-flattering hospital gown. Alyssa actually liked her hospital gown, a little too much, and was most upset when we took it off of her. But she's busy being her normal self and I'm so thankful things went so smoothly. Now our biggest task is to keep her from messing with the Hello Kitty bandaid they have covering her incision spot. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!
Alyssa after waking up from anesthesia.

3 comments:

Katy said...

You were all in our prayers today!! Glad to hear everything is going well!! Hope you can get some rest!

April said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Good luck keeping her from playing with the band-aid. Especially with Hello Kitty, what little girl can resist that? I bet you're glad it's over!

Bill and Paige said...

So glad that everything went great! You were all in our prayers!