Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Preparing for baby

Today I began the task of getting Diego's room ready. We put up the crib and switched out the rooms Sunday night but I didn't get going on washing his clothes until today. We didn't register for clothes because we knew several people who were going to be giving us their hand me downs and now that I've begun the process of washing things...I'm in shock! I think I have done 5 large loads of laundry for this little guy...and I only washed stuff up to 3 months with a few items in the 3-6mos. range. I think I was in his room folding laundry for a good hour straight and then had to take a break. Now I have the daunting task of figuring out where to put everything and how to organize his dresser.

At least Alyssa isn't here while I'm doing this because she would have made this whole process a nightmare by dragging stuff around the house, trying to put the clothes on her dolls, yelling at me to get out of the room...yada, yada, yada. Since Sunday she has been kind of acting out a bit but I'm not sure if it's due to the changes in the house, too much sugar from the Easter festivities, or the combination of both. At my last Dr. appointment doc said her only order for me was to get more rest (since I get little to none) and to start taking something to help me sleep at night. In the past week my hands and feet have starting swelling quite bad and it is not only uncomfortable but actually kind of painful. Luckily my blood pressure is good and so the swelling is just part of the loveliness of the end of the pregnancy. So my inlaws have taken Alyssa for a couple of days so that I can rest (put my feet up) and get some sleep. I must say it has been so nice not having to get up every few minutes to deal with Alyssa...and I can see my ankle bones again:)

In addition to all of this, I got a call to come in for a job interview for a state job. So tomorrow I will trek my big ol' body down there and somehow do the interview. I'm thrilled I finally got called back on something, but COME ON...seriously, 4 weeks away from my due date and you call now???!!!! So please keep me in your thoughts around 10am tomorrow...hopefully something will come of it.

Well, I'm off to do more laundry!!

2 comments:

Inez said...

I can't wait for Diego to get here. I'm sorry Alyssa's been a handful lately, I know she's having a great time with Papa and Nana. Hopefully she'll return in a better mood. Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

Andria said...

Okay, I must say, I absolutely love the name Diego! I just couldn't get my husband to go with it. He'll get along just great with my Dominic, Donovan and Devin!