Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wow, it's been a month?

I've been trying really hard to keep up with posting on the blog but I find it is extremely difficult now that I'm working and dealing with 2 kiddos. But I will try my best to summarize the past month.

Let's start with Diego. Our little man is getting so big! He is now 9 weeks old and weighed in at 12 lbs 8 ounces, 24 inches long at his 2 month appointment. He is now wearing 3 month clothes and we are getting ready to move him up to size 2 diapers. He is awake more during the day and has started sleeping 4-5 hours straight at night (can I get a woo-hoo and Amen!!). He smiles so much and coo's a ton. He is starting to get a bit of a flat head so we are having to be really aggressive with repositioning him when he sleeps. Hopefully, if we do it well enough, there will be some improvement by his 4 month appointment and the doctor won't want to send us for a referral and a helmet.

Alyssa has grown like a weed lately. She has moved into the next shoe size and clothing size (she's finally getting into 3T pants). She has been playing in the pool outside so much that she has gotten super tan and is going to be our golden girl again this summer. She now loves Dora the Explorer and Diego and has picked up quite a few words in Spanish, which she uses with us in the correct context. For example, I say "Thank you Alyssa, " to which she responds "de nada." Or her favorite expression is ayuda me (help me). She is constantly pretending to be stuck on a mountain or somewhere else and needs our help to get down. It's adorable. She is doing so well with her baby brother. She has had her moments of jealousy but overall I would say she has done so well with the new addition.

As for me, I went back to my new job and I'm really enjoying it. I feel completely blessed to have found a job in the horrible job market that is going on. Even though State employees are now subject to 3 forlough days, it's still a blessing to have a job at all:)

Rene is doing great. He was chosen to co-chair a Census Committee in our town and he has been busy dealing with that (in addition to his job).

Oh and as an update to our crazy "cracked-out" squash that we planted...those plants are producing like crazy! It's amazing...one day you will go out there and there will be maybe one or two tiny (1-2 inches) squash and then come out the next day and they are huge (5-6 inches) and ready to be picked. We love our squash plants!

Well, I better get back to work. I have lots of pictures to upload but haven't found the time to do it...I will post some soon!

1 comment:

Inez said...

I didn't know about the census committee, that's cool. I was just telling my mom today that Alyssa really has been doing well with Diego, I got to be honest I thought it could go either way. :-) Oh and the squash was yummy!