Monday, June 1, 2009

10

Today I present 10 things of note in the world of the Bayardos.

1. I have (thankfully) forgotten how difficult newborns are...especially the lack of sleep.
2. We now appreciate how simple things are when we have only 1 child to deal with.
3. Never take for granted any help that people will lend your way...especially if it means you can get a nap.
4. I love my in-laws:) They come watch the kids so I can sleep, they sweep Alyssa away for a night, they come play with Alyssa when mommy is just too darn tired to function.
5. I would love to find a night-time nanny...I'm taking recommendations and accepting applications...;)
6. I never thought I was a clean freak, but now that 2 kids keep me too busy to do even the most simplest task I LOVE it when I get the chance to vaccuum, mop, sweep...etc.
7. There is never enough time in the day to enjoy ME time. By the time both kids are down for the night I've still have to pick up the living room, wash bottles and get ready for the night-time feedings, clean the kitchen, feed the dog (b/c I forgot to during the day), and maybe throw in a load of laundry.
8. I lack patience. I wish I had more and I would love to practice it more often but frankly I'm too tired to try.
9. I look forward to going to work in a couple of weeks b/c it will provide me a break from the kids...is that wrong???
10. It's times like these (not my best moments) when I am reminded that I have married the most wonderful man in the whole wide world:)

But overall I know I am truly blessed and I try to remember that when times get a little rough! Here's to looking forward to 4-5 hours of consecutive sleep that I know will come our way eventually!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

It's soooo hard with having to be with two little ones all day long (and all night long!) It does get better...one day at a time! :) Hang in there.

Inez said...

I particularly like #4! And #10, but he's probably so wonderful because of #4. HAHA :-) I'm sorry you've had such a hard time. I hear the jump from 1 to 2 is the worst. I'll probably never know!

Mamahol said...

Hi, this is Holly, Sean's wife. Just thought I would say your list is so right on. It is amazing how trying this parenting thing can be. I couldn't agree more with so much of what you wrote. I know personally, I would probably give my right arm to be able to sleep 4 straight hours. :)