Thursday, February 19, 2009

My little Artist

Alyssa is just so darn funny sometimes. Tonight I snuck off to check my email and FB for the first time all day and figured she would be fine since she was camped out watching "her choo choo" (aka Thomas the Train). After a few minutes it dawns on me that she is being a little too quiet so I go in to check on her and find her "painting" on the T.V. The best part was that she decided that she needed to wear this knit cap while she was painting! I don't know why, but this just reminds me of the movie Uncle Buck...remember his niece's boyfriend who wore black all the time and a black beret or some other hat. Well here she was being very serious about her "painting" and wearing that cap!! :) Anyway, I got a good chuckle out of it :) Oh and what she was painting the T.V. with was water out of her sippy cup. Little stinker has been doing that a lot lately and driving me nuts. The worst is when I find she put milk in all her teacups/plates/bowls. I try to keep a closer eye on her for this but today Facebook got the best of me...again.

This is what reminds me of Uncle Buck for some reason...maybe its the brooding look with that cap??
The rare smile that gets captured on camera! Don't mind the mess, she has taken to bringing all of her "stuff" to the living room and won't let me remotely pick them up. Yeah, its great fun sometimes!

This is what I got when I asked her to turn and look at mommy.


"I'm painting mommy"





4 comments:

Katy said...

Don't you just love that "innocent" smile? Way too cute! :)

Bill and Paige said...

She's so cute! She's going to be a handful when the new one comes:)

Inez said...

I can't help but wonder what the thought process is in "ooh choo choo" to "I know, I'll put on a knit cap and paint the tv!". Gotta love kids. Especially THAT kid! SHE'S THE CUTEST!!!!!!

April said...

She's adorable! You should find one of those pottery places where you can paint stuff. I bet she'd love it!