Friday, May 1, 2009
Surprise!
Diego Rene Bayardo made his appearance 2 weeks early on April 28, 2009. He weighed 7 lbs 0.6 oz and was 20.5 inches long! What is funny is that I started my new job with CALPers on that Monday the 27th...at least I was able to get one day in before I went on maternity leave:) I kind of had a feeling that he might be coming soon so the weekend before I took it really easy so as not to put myself in labor before I could show up at the new job. But in the early afternoon I started to feel some minor contractions that kept coming about every 10 minutes but were really not that painful. So I just kept an eye on the clock and went about making dinner and getting ready for the next day. I thought that maybe I had just overdid it that day with a lot of walking and just having a long day in general. I hoped that with sleep the contractions would stop, especially since they were not too painful...but no. I got woken up by a painful contraction around 12:30am. I will spare you the details...we ended up making our way to the hospital around 2:30am. When they checked me we discovered that I was already dialated 7 cm!!! What!! How can that be?? The contractions were not that painful and nothing like when I was in labor with Alyssa so it was such a shock that I was that far along. So not too long after (5:36am) Diego made his appearance. I'm very, very, very thankful that the labor and delivery went so fast...and I was able to do it again without any pain meds. Not that I didn't want anything but what I wanted wasn't an option (completly knocked out and wake me when it's over)...j/k.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations! We are so happy for you!!
You crack me up! Way to work it, State Employee!!! LOL. Look at you and the proud Daddy... I want to see those baggy-eyed, don't-you-dare take of picture of me pics! :) j/k!
That is a FABULOUS birth story. Well done... I bow down to you! So easy, you'll have another, right? j/k!
okay, leaving now before you kill me!
Truly, I hope you are handling things well and are getting some rest. I can't wait to meet the little man of the house!
Hugs!
Congrats!!
Post a Comment